The Complete Guide to Accessing Migo Loans in Nigeria and Brazil
Migo is a fintech platform providing quick, short-term loans to consumers in Nigeria and Brazil. This comprehensive guide covers eligibility criteria, step-by-step application instructions, repayment process and helpful tips for accessing Migo loans in both countries.
Getting Migo Loans in Nigeria
Headquartered in Lagos, Migo leverages smartphone data and partnerships with mobile money providers like OPay, Paga and banks to underwrite and disburse instant digital loans to Nigerians through a user-friendly mobile app.
Eligibility for Migo Nigeria Loans
To qualify for loans from Migo Nigeria, you must:
- Be at least 18 years old: As the legal age of adulthood.
- Have a valid Nigerian phone number: For receiving OTP-based authentication.
- Reside in Nigeria currently: To enable verification and loan disbursal locally.
- Provide access to adequate smartphone data: For evaluating creditworthiness based on phone usage analytics and other alternative signals.
- Meet any supplemental eligibility criteria: Such as income thresholds, identification documentation etc. based on the loan product.
How to Apply for Migo Nigeria Loans
Option 1) Via Migo Mobile App
The my.migo.money app provides the quickest way to apply for loans from Migo Nigeria.
- Download and install the Migo Money app on your Android/iOS device.
- Complete signup with your Nigerian phone number and an OTP code.
- From the Migo Money home screen select “Get a Loan” option.
- Choose the desired loan amount based on your requirements and eligibility.
- Input your personal details, employment information etc. accurately in the loan application form.
- Review and accept the Terms of Service.
That’s it! If approved, loan amount gets instantly disbursed into your connected mobile money wallet.
Option 2) Via USSD
To apply for Migo loans without using the app, dial *561# using your mobile phone. Follow the interactive USSD menu prompts to provide your number, input basic personal information, and request desired loan amount to complete application.
If approved, loan gets credited automatically to the associated mobile wallet account.
As a first-time borrower, loan eligibility on Migo starts from N500 to N5000 based on your alternative credit scoring. Repeat borrowers with good repayment patterns qualify for higher loans up to N500,000 with longer tenures.
Migo Nigeria Loan Repayment
Migo offers flexible repayment terms spanning 5 days (for small loans) to 6 months (for larger loan amounts). Repayments are automatically deducted from your linked mobile wallet account.
Key aspects to note:
- Interest rates are typically 2.5% to 4% per month
- Late repayments damage your credit rating and eligibility for larger future loans
- Multiple timely repayments builds your Migo credit profile and scoring to access improved offers
Overall, prompt and consistent installments are key to building longer term rewards.
Getting Loans with Migo in Brazil
In Brazil, Migo provides embedded credit-as-a-service through collaborations with prominent fintechs and digitally-savvy banks.
Eligibility for Migo Brazil Loans
The core criteria to qualify for Migo loans accessed through Brazilian partners are:
- Be 18+ years old
- Have valid Brazilian ID (RG) and CPF for KYC compliance by lenders
- Currently residing in Brazil for localized loan disbursal
- Access to a local checking account for direct loan credits by partners
- Meeting any additional criteria stipulated by the issuing lending partner
How to Apply for Migo Brazil Loans
Since Migo does not directly lend to consumers in Brazil, applications are handled through partner platforms upon completing their initial user registration and eligibility verification protocols.
Major current Migo lending partners include:
- BanQi: Digital bank
- RecargaPay: Fintech focused on underbanked
- myBank: Smartphone banking app by bradesco
Here is a walkthrough of getting a loan through BanQi app using migo:
- Download BanQi app and complete signup process
- Find option like “Get Loan with Migo” in app
- Share permission for data check by Migo
- Input identification documents, additional information as requested
- Review lending terms and accept
- Get approved loan amount credited to BanQi checking account
So the user experience may differ depending on chosen partner but underlying approval and funding is powered by Migo’s models.
Loan amounts, tenures, rates and repayment options will vary across different Brazilian partner platforms leveraging Migo’s credit infrastructure and risk algorithms.
Migo Brazil Loan Repayment
Repayment methods and schedules depend on the specifics from the issuing lending partner. Some auto-deduct installments from linked bank accounts while others may allow manual payments via channels like boletos.
Prompt repayment is essential to avoid late fees or snarls to future borrowing eligibility.
Tips for Smooth Application and Borrowing Experience
Consider these suggestions for getting the most from Migo loans:
✅ Check eligibility fully before initiating any application
✅ Read all terms carefully before accepting a loan offer
✅ Only opt for amount you genuinely require currently
✅ Avoid taking multiple loans together from different sources
✅ Setup timely installments directly from salaries/income stream
✅ Monitor credit rating impact for responsible future borrowing
What documents do I need to apply for a Migo loan in Nigeria?
ID, phone number, mobile money account details are the basics. Additional documents like BVN, bank statements etc may be requested depending on your profile and loan amount sought.
Can I get more than one Migo loan simultaneously?
It is generally advisable to avoid taking multiple loans together as this compounds repayment burden. However, based on your credit score history, you may qualify for more than one loan if your payment capability justifies it.
How does Migo assess creditworthiness for loans?
Migo utilizes your smartphone usage patterns, mobile money transactions, airtime top-ups along with other data points given access permissions to determine credit scores using proprietary ML algorithms.
Can I repay my Migo loan early to reduce interest?
Yes, early repayment is allowed for Migo loans. However, check your agreement documents for any pre-closure fee applicability, especially within initial fixed tenor period.
What redress options exist in case of grievances?
I hope this detailed guide gives a clear overview of the entire lifecycle of accessing loans through Migo platform in Nigeria natively or via Brazilian lending partners. Leverage these insights to make prudent borrowing decisions.